Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Is it over

shark

The Downswing continued.  I  new coming into this that a downswing could be devastating.  I just didn't know it would be this bad.  If you look at my graph you'll see that this is very unusual.  I am running worst than I've ever ran before.  And I have ran pretty bad.  This is just sick, this is definitely gonna be the hardest obstacle I will foresee in this challenge.  I've cut down my volume a little bit, four my worst days of my poker career occurred last week.  To have four of your top eight worst days ever in one week is highly unusual.  It makes you start to think if maybe you're being exposed, or if you're doing something different.  Then I thought it's a turbo you can't really expose players that bad.  Then I thought to myself, you know what's really going on, mathematically very possible just not likely.  This downswings three times bigger than any downswing I've ever experienced got me wondering if I can make it.  Since making this thread about my life, which was just a quick clip has got a lot of people asking me a lot of questions.  usually i will  help anybody out but until I start winning again I feel like you're asking the wrong person, confidence in poker is a great thing.  They can be bad if you're over playing your hands.  Right now my confidence is shot.  I understand now why boku didn't respond in his thread for two months while on his downswing.  This is why I never tried to become a professional poker player because of the emotional side, I'm not the most talented poker player but I am a grinder, my last session I won 1000 dollars in about an hour.  That is my first good session this month.  I feel like stopping here 'cause I don't want to find out if I'm still running really fucking bad.  I need five solid days of  poker to reach my second milestone which is worth 3400.  That would sure ease the pain.  For everybody that supports me thank you.  I do not feel like being a mentor to anyone until I become a winner again.  In all honesty im only up 40 thousand in grinding most of that have come in the last eight months.  As long as I break even I can make about nine grand in bonuses in 1 month but none of that matters if i lose 7k in 1 week.  That last session did help my confidence a little bit I'm going after the idiots at night a lot more like back in the day cause its easier to profit there.  I feel so sick 7 grand in 1 week is a lot of money to me that crippled my online roll and has me wondering if I'm going to have to dip in to my bank account, and themes not a lot in there.  If it don't turn around then this pursuit will be over, as i recover I will double my bankroll this time, in the next couple months I promise I will spend less and try to double where i usually carry my bankroll at, which is usually 10 to 15k, I never had a downswing for more than like 4k maybe max over a long stint not a fucking week, I thought there was no need, i see now with the volume i put in i really need at least 20k minimum to do this just in case your blabbing to much about what your doing and pokerstars decides to hit your DOOMSWITCH. I cant update as much as some of you may like due to the fact that i’m a lazy stonner.  Thats it for now lets hope the next update is me saying what the fuck was that last week

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are you using for voice recognition to type? also are you only playing 18 man turbos? if you rememebr boku was 40-50 tabling in his first challenge and once he cut back tables he started winnign again and quickly made his 10K - so reduce tables until u get ur conf back
goodluk -bak

g1 all in said...

yea the pursuit is gonna have to slow down until i get out of this funk today went terrible, the voice recognition is a feature on my new laptop studio xps 16, i dont know much more about it. i will cut back no more 40 tabling at least till i get to my next milestone

not2secure4u said...

The graph with the downswing , wich games and stakes ?

How did you actually became good at what you do ? Did you get coaching and stuff like that ?

Good luck man - n²

Anonymous said...

boku is pretty much breakeven 40 tabling 18 mans. imo it can't be done for more then 2-3% ROI. need sne to make any money without wanting to kill urself

Anonymous said...

keep grinding on a big sample it will be a small downswing in a great career