Sunday, April 25, 2010

Down 6k this week

Today I'm writing this blog.  Without typing, I’m using my new laptop with voice activated controls. Everything I say, it types for me. I would like to take the time to let you know my state of mind. I'm currently on the worst downswing of my life, it seems to be  harder to grind when you're losing.  I have not had a losing month in over a year, but it looks like it may be in jeopardy. After my time off I have lost about six grand this week.  Which is a lot of money to me, it is half the bankroll I keep on poker stars.  That is about 180 buyins the most prior to this was about 100 buyins.  About double, I feel like screaming.  I'm playing bad and running bad that is not a good combination. However, I have to look at the good side of it. For a second I thought I was invincible and could not lose total profit in a month. I think what happened was I got into a zombie like Zone and I ran extremely terrible.  But enough crying, every day is Getting so repetitive is not even funny.  I wake up around nine.  Some days I shower although hygiene is not as important as it used to be.  Especially now that I can go all week without seeing anyone.  As I'm waking up I browse the forums on two plus two.  Then by 10 I am usually grinding.  I load up Pandora music, open up table Ninja and began my session.  On most days I can finish 200 by four.  Then it's back to two plus two.  I usually play a little more to get ahead.  Then before I know it is ten and that's what I do or have done every day but 1 week this year.  Pretty boring stuff.  But this is my life this is what I do.  This is all I do.  I think I'm going to try not to play 40 tables at once anymore instead I'll play 30.  Which is actually a big difference.  At the end of the week I will hit a milestone bonus for 3400.  That will ease the pain.  I smoke a lot of chronic, Californias finest some may say I'm pretty pathetic others may say that boy is got heart and is determined.  Getting to supernova elite playing medium stake sng’s Its so hard only a few people do it.  I'm just a normal guy that feels like he is trying to accomplish the impossible.  If this can motivate one person then it was all worth it.  I'm currently 180k vpps,  which is a little over 100k behind pace.  I won't get into the x trying to get back with me.  This is already too long and I'm having too much fun with my new voice type.  I'm not proof reading this so I hope it made sense.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo i just found out about you and wanted to say that as big of a deal as SNE might sound, it really isnt, if you acheive like 500k vpp this year youll get around 50% rake back and SNE would give you like 70% rakeback

Since on every sng you play you pay around 10-7% rake, that means a sne get around 2% bonus ROI compared to a 500k vpp.

the way you seem to be torturing yourself to acheive it youre probably losing more than 2% ROI and thats aside from the cost of social isolation.

my 2 cents

g1 all in said...

well my dream is to play in the main event and this is a big part of it, I would never put up 10k for 1 buyin but when you reach SNE you get a ticket in to it :) cheers

lol tricked said...

voice activated? baller status. :D

if u ever need a script written that uses voice activation to fold or raise etc, im your go-to guy. in fact if you need a script that will make you coffee i can probably do that too. gl at the tables sir :)

-tricked